Me with my lovely wife, Kathy:

Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm doing some musing on the phase of life I'm in.  It is a time that is filled with more uncertainty than I'm familiar with.  It will involve change.  There is an element of struggle.  My two grandpas died at 25 & 60, my dad at 63.  As I approach 65, I'm very aware that the continuation of my time on this earth is not something I can take for granted.  I want to use the time I have for God's glory.

I'll be posting some thoughts on "Lasts & Firsts" in the near future, but today I want to be intensely practical.  Shortly after March 15, 2015--my 65th Birthday and the day that Rev. Doug Williams will take the role that I have occupied for all of my adult life, Senior Pastor of the Covington Bible Church--I will begin a short-term ministry.  This could lead to longer-term possibilities.

I'm seeking a team of people who will partner with Kathy & me in this next phase of serving the Lord.  If you think you might be interested, send me a note at covbchm@gmail.com, and I'll send you a letter explaining this opportunity.

Happy New Year & God bless,
HM

No comments: