Me with my lovely wife, Kathy:

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Service--When It Is Needed:

(Report on Kathy at the end of this post)

If you have followed this blog for the last few days you know that I have spent a lot of time with people who help--nurses, aids, doctors, etc. I have very much appreciated the help that these folk have offered to Kathy & me. I think one reason I am so appreciative is I am very aware of the need that we have.
  • Kathy is dealing with pain. They offer relief.
  • We are dealing with issues that we don't all-together understand. They give us answers.
  • We afe beset with issues that tend to drive one to worry and be in despair. These folk offer the soothing message that things will likely be fine.

I appreciate the compassion, competence and concern that is offered.

I find some great lessons for the church in all of this. Your comments are welcome.

Kathy is progressing slowly. She is still hurting. She has been drinking some juice today. She has been for a walk 2x already today. No news on when she gets out.

No comments: