Me with my lovely wife, Kathy:

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Basic, Wonderful, Profound Story

Over the past few days I have been working on a project in preparation for Easter. I have found it profoundly moving.
Using the copy of Robertson's Harmony of the Gospels, that is part of my Bible Study Program, I put together an account of Jesus's words and activities from Thursday night before His crucifixion until Sunday night, when he met with the Apostles. Where there were parallel accounts of the same scenes, I chose one--usually the fuller one. I had originally intended to use the New Living Translation, because it is so conversational, but copyright restrictions prevented me from doing that, so to conform I used a number of translations so that I would stay within the limits.
I posted my work on the CBC website, covingtonbiblechurch.org. You can find it on the bulletin page or under Devotional Aids. Whether you use my compilation or another I hope you will join me in walking with, and listening to the Lord through this most important weekend in history.

You are welcome to leave your comment.

No comments: