Me with my lovely wife, Kathy:

Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I'd like to see:

Over the past couple of months I have been writing an article a week in our church bulletin about my vision, hopes, plans, etc. for the Covington Bible Church. It has been my privilege to pastor CBC for almost 35 years. Some of what I have written is local-only in orientation, but I figure most of it would be applicable in other venues. You can read all the articles together here, http://home.ntelos.net/~covingtonbib/vision.htm. I would appreciate any comments.

I am also reading the book UnChristian. It is one of the Barna Survey books. As such it has some shortcomings. If a thirty-two year old has been a Christian for twenty years are his observations about what he remembers about what being an outsider was like really worthy much. In spite of the above anomaly, I hope. : ) I have found the book very interesting. So far it seems to dwell within the area of tension that is required if we are to be salt and light. We have to be in contact, but also maintain our distinction. I'll let you know more when I finish.

No comments: